Greenville Cosmetic Dentist
Get Your Confidence Back With Cosmetic Dentistry in Greenville
When you see a photo of yourself, do you think, “Do my teeth really look like that?” Do you run to the mirror and inspect your smile but under your bathroom lights, but your teeth look the same as they always do? Perhaps you’ve realized that seeing your teeth as others do is far different from seeing your teeth under a layer of toothpaste foam every morning. It can be an upsetting revelation when you realize that your teeth do not look as nice as you thought they did.
Feeling bad about an unsightly smile can have a profound effect on your self-confidence and the way you present yourself in your professional and social life. When you don’t feel good about your smile, your sense of joy and openness can become severely limited, that’s when Greenville cosmetic dentist Dr. Preston Hamrick can help!
Correct Aesthetic Flaws in Your Smile at Heritage Dentistry
Maybe your teeth look more yellow than you would like, or maybe more crooked. Perhaps a chipped tooth is more pronounced than you had realized or your smile just looks too “gummy”. No matter what your issue, cosmetic dentistry has a solution.
When you visit Dr. Preston Hamrick for a Greenville cosmetic consultation, let him know what your concerns are. There are many treatments that can restore the beauty of your smile, and he will suggest the most conservative treatments for correcting your aesthetic flaws.
Some common cosmetic treatments include:
- Porcelain Veneers – These thin, durable shells provide a new surface for the front of each tooth, to improve the color, shape, and size of your teeth. They can even make crooked teeth appear straighter without orthodontics.
- Dental Bonding – Like veneers, bonding can change the appearance of a tooth. Since it uses dental composite instead of porcelain shells, it is best used when only one or two teeth need correction.
- Whitening Treatments – Dentist-provided whitening treatments work faster and provide more dramatic results than store-bought products, with little (or no) sensitivity to your gums.
- Dental Crowns – A beautiful porcelain crown can protect and cover a broken or damaged tooth.
- Tooth Colored Fillings – Replace the metal in your fillings with tooth-colored dental composite for a more harmonious appearance when you smile and laugh.
The Benefits Of Veneers
- Correct numerous cosmetic issues – Veneers can treat almost any cosmetic issue, from small gaps to crooked, chipped, stained, and misshapen teeth. This non-invasive treatment can refresh your smile no matter what’s keeping you from a confident grin.
- Completely natural look and feel – Veneers are made of high-quality porcelain, which looks and feels just like your natural teeth and requires little maintenance or special care. Simply brush and floss regularly, and avoid chewing non-food items like ice and fingernails that could damage your veneers.
- Get a new smile in just 2 appointments – It usually only takes two appointments over 2-3 weeks to prepare your teeth, create your veneers, and bond them in place permanently.
The Benefits Of Dental Bonding
- Non-invasive – Unlike veneers, dental bonding does not require any enamel to be removed from your teeth. This means that no drilling is required and your mouth usually does not even have to be numbed for this procedure.
- Affordable – Dental bonding is an affordable cosmetic treatment and offers beautiful results, making it a great option if you’re on tight budget and you want to restore your smile.
- Get results in a single appointment – It only takes about 30-60 minutes to bond a tooth, so many patients are able to restore their entire smile in just a single appointment at Heritage Dentistry.
The Benefits Of Teeth Whitening
- Reverse and remove tooth stains – Teeth whitening gives you a bright, more youthful looking smile by removing stains caused by the consumption of coffee and tea, tobacco use, and the natural aging process.
- Non-invasive and convenient treatment – We offer both at-home and in-office teeth whitening. The in-office whitening process is completely comfortable and non-invasive, and you can even opt for convenient at-home treatment.
- Long-lasting results – With proper oral care, your new smile will last you for years to come. Make sure to come in for occasional touch-ups at Heritage Dentistry to keep your smile looking its best!
The Benefits Of Cosmetic Dental Crowns
- Restore damaged teeth – Cosmetic crowns can be used to cover up and restore teeth that have been damaged but are unable to be treated with a filling, veneer, or dental bonding.
- Replace metal crowns – Modern, porcelain crowns look and feel just like natural teeth, and can be used to replace unsightly metal crowns for a more natural-looking, beautiful smile.
- Minimal care required – To take care of your crowns, simply brush and floss normally, and make sure to come into Heritage Dentistry for regular, six-month teeth cleanings and oral exams.
The Benefits Of Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Replace metal fillings – Metal fillings are effective but they have a grayish appearance which can detract from the beauty of your smile. With a tooth-colored filling, you can restore your smile, and remove old metal fillings.
- Restore your smile – Don’t let cavities affect your bite or your smile. A filling is the best way to treat tooth decay and prevent further damage to your tooth.
- Strengthen your tooth – Tooth-colored fillings often require less removal of enamel than metal fillings, and they bond tightly to your tooth which helps strengthen your remaining enamel.
Our Greenville Cosmetic Dentists Can Help Makeover Your Smile
A smile makeover is a great way to change the things you don’t like and make your smile reflect the person you want to be. A smile makeover can be as big or as small as you like. Correct only one issue, or change the way all your teeth look. The power is in your hands!
Many patients take advantage of multiple procedures to create unique solutions for their teeth. Some patients choose to redesign their smile entirely with a full set of porcelain veneers. This treatment allows you to choose the shape, color, and size of your teeth to suit your preferences. If you’ve always wished you could have a smile like someone else, bring a picture with you and we’ll make your dream a reality.
When you meet with Dr. Hamrick, he will examine your teeth to determine you are in a good state of oral health and explain all the services available. He will make suggestions, based on his knowledge of the procedures and their predicted outcomes. What you choose is up to you. We promise that you will never feel pressured at Heritage Family Dentistry; we will give you a detailed treatment plan outlining the predicted costs before you make any commitments.
Repair Chipped Teeth & Restore Your Smile
Chipped teeth are a common dental issue, and this cosmetic problem can be quickly solved with cosmetic dentistry. Minor chipping can occur due to normal wear & tear, especially if you do not have an ideal bite. In addition, teeth grinding can cause chipping and damage to your teeth if you do not wear a nightguard. Chipping can also happen due to oral trauma, such as a slip and fall or a hard hit in a contact sport.
There are a few ways to correct chipped teeth at Heritage Dentistry. Minor chipping can be treated with enameloplasty (shaping & contouring). During this procedure, a small amount of enamel will be removed to smooth out your tooth and remove the chips, providing you with an even, attractive smile.
For teeth with larger chips, Dr. Hamrick may suggest a veneer or dental bonding, which can be used to restore the missing tooth structure and reshape the enamel, covering up the chip and restoring the tooth. For very large chips or damaged teeth, it may be necessary to use a dental crown to cover up and protect the tooth.
Whiten & Cover Up Stained Teeth
Teeth stains are another common issue, and they’re one of the simplest problems to treat. Teeth whitening is typically the best option for restoring teeth that have been stained by smoking or using tobacco, drinking beverages like tea, coffee and wine, and other such external tooth stains. Teeth whitening uses powerful peroxide compounds to “bleach” the stains away from and restore the natural white color of your enamel.
However, some kinds of teeth stains are internal or are too severe to be treated with whitening. For example, some antibiotic medications can cause severe internal stains if taken during childhood. For internal stains and serious stains, it may be a better option to use a treatment like porcelain veneers or dental crowns to cover up your teeth and restore your smile.
Treat Misaligned Teeth & Get A Straighter Smile
There are a few different ways you can treat misaligned teeth with cosmetic dentistry rather than orthodontics. If you only have a few misaligned teeth and minor orthodontic issues like gaps in your smile, it may be possible to restore your smile with a treatment like bonding or veneers.
Both dental bonding and veneers can be used to reshape your teeth and straighten them, and to create a more even, pleasing smile. If you don’t have any serious orthodontic issues, this is often the fastest way to get a straighter smile.
However, if you have more serious orthodontic problems, a treatment like Invisalign may be a better choice for you. Invisalign is an alternative to braces and this method of correction uses a series of clear plastic aligners to move your teeth into the proper position.
Are You Ready to Smile Boldly Again?
At Heritage Family Dentistry, we love seeing patients fall in love with their smiles again. Dr. Preston Hamrick provides a number of services that can give you back your smile and make you feel good about the way you look.
Smiling freely and confidently is something we should all be able to do. If you’re not happy with how your teeth look, we can help you find your smile again! Call our Greenville dental team today at (684) 292- 5125 to schedule your smile makeover.